Helenarama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception?

3 posters

Go down

Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception? Empty Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception?

Post  Aves Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 pm

So I ditched DirecTV recently and started thinking about hooking up an antenna on the roof just to get local channels.

Does anyone in the neighborhood have experience with this?

Aves

Back to top Go down

Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception? Empty Re: Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception?

Post  oldHelena Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am

I had an antennae when I first moved here. Now you have to have a converter box for your antennae to get the digital channels but you get about 20 or more channels.
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception? Empty OTA

Post  JB5150 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

I have one in my attic and get good reception of all networks but ABC, the ABC towers aren't in Birmingham. If you have a newer TV you won't need a converter for the digital signal. The big advantage si you recieve all the other digital channels that the networks broadcast, each of the majors have a weather channel.....CBS has an outdoors channel......PBS has 4 other channels......and there are 2 audio only "radio" stations.

JB5150

Back to top Go down

Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception? Empty Re: Rooftop Antenna for over-the-air (OTA) TV reception?

Post  Aves Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 am

Just for giggles I tried just using a cheap long wire antenna that came with my Onkyo receiver for FM; it worked beautifully. I just plugged into the back of my TV and let it search for channels. Just as JB5150 said, I got everything but ABC, in HD, and signal strength is around 90%.

Aves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum