Helenarama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Homeowners Meeting

2 posters

Go down

Annual Homeowners Meeting Empty Annual Homeowners Meeting

Post  GnomeHunter Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm

The annual meeting of Old Cahaba homeowners will take place Thursday, May 21 at 7 PM in the Council Chambers at City Hall.

Looking forward to seeing both new and familiar faces - hope y'all will come!
GnomeHunter
GnomeHunter

Back to top Go down

Annual Homeowners Meeting Empty Re: Annual Homeowners Meeting

Post  trojan Tue May 25, 2010 9:52 pm

wish mckay still posted the minutes to these on the oc website Crying or Very sad

trojan

Back to top Go down

Annual Homeowners Meeting Empty You weren't the only one

Post  GnomeHunter Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 am

Someone else asked about that at the meeting. Nancy said she would begin posting them again.

Here's a copy of the agenda. My comments are in red.

May 20, 2010
Call to Order
Introductions HOA Board - Anthony Bishop, Jim McShea, Rob Getts, Laura Joseph
Financial Report I can get copies of this from Nancy, but don't have one on me right now to post.

Association Business:
Yard Of The Month
HOA began awarding "Yard of the Month" to two homeowners per month. Winners receive signs to place in their yards and a $20 gift card to a home improvement store. The goal was to encourage people to take pride in their landscapes, and work to beautify the neighborhood.

2010-2011 Assessment
ASSESSMENTS WILL NOT INCREASE THIS YEAR! Homeowner letters should go out in the 1st part of June. If anyone is unable to pay the full amount at one time, we can create a payment plan; just contact Nancy at McKay to set one up.

Common Areas:

Landscape Changes / Additions
We are redoing the 2nd entrance: removed unhealthy pear trees, and will replace with crape myrtles. Install 2 flower beds in front of OC signs, and relocate/replace bushes along the walls on either side of the entrance.

Also installing sod & seed along the entrance to the parkway pool, an irrigation system, and flower beds on either side of the "driveway". Our goal is to eventually make this a meeting place for residents, and add a playground and more parking in the future.

Playground
Jim is getting bids together to replace the playground near the clubhouse. We looked into the metal ones like the equipment at Cahaba Lily and Joe Tucker Park, but didn't have enough $$ in the budget to have anything sizeable, so it looks like we will be going with wood again.

Mine Roof Collapse
Paid for entirely by the Federal Mine Reclamation Agency, except paving over the top of the hole. HOA paid for that, and plans to pass along the bill to the developer, who is the actual owner of the property.

Security Cameras
Installed new/replacement security cameras at the pools and clubhouse to (hopefully) curb vandalism. Hoping it will be a deterrent, but at least if it's not, we'll know who did it!

Pool Season
Monitors will be on duty afternoon/evenings during the week and on weekends from Memorial Day - Labor Day. Remember, you swim at your own risk!

Also, please put small children in swim diapers. . . if there is "contamination", we will have to close the pool for AT LEAST 24 hrs. to treat the water. Please be courteous to others and remember to put your little ones in a swimmie!

If you see vandalism or other violations of the pool rules, please alert the pool monitor or speak up if there is no monitor present. We've already had kids throwing chairs in the pools twice this year. Don't be afraid to call "shenanigans"!

Community Events
Both the Christmas and Easter events were well-attended, and the HOA is looking forward to having more community events this year. My goal is to have one quarterly, at least. The survey from last year (or was it the year before?) revealed that one thing residents would like to see more of was community events. If you'd like to volunteer to set up or help, please contact Nancy and let her know, or post a message here. I check this board pretty frequently and would LOVE to have some help getting these things together!

BOD Opening
There is an opening on the HOA Board for another member. If you'd like to volunteer your time and talents to benefit our neighborhood, please contact Nancy at McKay and let her know. Meetings are monthly, and usually last about an hour depending on the agenda. Board members don't get paid, but it's really cool to know that you're doing something that can benefit so many people.

Other

Homeowner Questions
There were questions regarding street lights in the back section of the neighborhood, and several residents said they would ask the mayor for assistance since it was a city/developer issue and not something under HOA control. We also discussed collections of past-due assessments, which are currently going to a collections agency instead of placing leins because the process for placing a lein is very expensive and usually costs more than the amount owed. I can't really think of anything else that was mentioned, but there were about 3 conversations going on at once, so I'm sure I missed something!

Adjourn

If you have questions about anything specific, please feel free to ask and I'll answer them as best I can or at least investigate. :-)
GnomeHunter
GnomeHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  trojan Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Thank you for the summary! Really appreciate all your effort Very Happy

trojan

Back to top Go down

Annual Homeowners Meeting Empty Thanks!

Post  GnomeHunter Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 am

Just let me know if you ever have any questions re: the neighborhood. If I can't answer them, I'll do my very best to put you in touch with someone who can!
GnomeHunter
GnomeHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down