Helenarama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Roads Opening?

4 posters

Go down

New Roads Opening? Empty New Roads Opening?

Post  EllieMae Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:07 pm

I too am exicted the forum is back up!
I'm not sure if this the right category for this topic... but does anyone have any updates on the projected opening of the new Middle School Roads across from Hillsboro and in the back of Old Cahaba??
Thanks!! Question

EllieMae

Back to top Go down

New Roads Opening? Empty New Road

Post  altoccb Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I spoke with a Helena police officer who said they didn't know when it would open, but that they had enjoyed driving on it for the past few months. He also mentioned that the speed limit on the entire new road would be only 25 mph...drive safely!
altoccb
altoccb

Back to top Go down

New Roads Opening? Empty Re: New Roads Opening?

Post  Almost3Eagles Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 am

25 mph - well, the HPD will probably rack up on tickets. Rolling Eyes People will not go that speed, especially during the day, or when they're using it as cut-through to Hwy 17. Until houses are built along there, folks will be zipping through there.

However, I know the people that will utilize the new roads, especially for the middle school, will appreciate it when it DOES open. Very Happy
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

New Roads Opening? Empty New Road Speed Limit

Post  Grinchman Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:07 am

25 MPH is a little ridiculous for a road that has nothing on it as of yet. This is just another way for the city to make money on tickets. The road is supposed to help alleviate the traffic conjestion but if the speed limit is only 25 MPH then it will not save a lot of time.......maybe some gas!
Grinchman
Grinchman

Back to top Go down

Post  EllieMae Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 am

I see where Hewy posted that the new road from Old Cahaba to the middle school is slated to open...today I think. But that is the only part of the new roads scheduled to open. I will say that people have been driving those roads from Old Cahaba back to the school and beyond for weeks now, especially on the weekends. Pedestrians have been walking along with bikers and skateboarders. I've seen several unofficial vehicles moving around back there. I'm anxious to see if this alleviates the heavy amount of traffic in the mornings. The traffic backing up at Crow's Corner on 52 has been extremely heavy the past several mornings. Even with the police monitoring the signals and the entrance at the elementary school, traffic is barely moving. At times only one vehicle moving through each light change...if that!!

EllieMae

Back to top Go down

New Roads Opening? Empty Traffic Congestion

Post  Almost3Eagles Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 am

I took our son to PHS Monday morning and Lord have mercy! Now I know why I leave to go to work at 6:00 am. We left the house at 7, and we got to the school at 7:48. After taking care of some things, I left the school around 8. I did not get to work until 8:45 (I forgot about Dunkin Donuts grand opening Neutral ).
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down