Helenarama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Area Restaurants...

+5
Flanders
SouthernMom1
dawgfan
oldHelena
ocmama
9 posters

Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Favorite Area Restaurants...

Post  ocmama Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:30 pm

My favorite is Joe's Italian...

What is yours?

ocmama

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Re: Favorite Area Restaurants...

Post  oldHelena Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 am

Joe's is one of the best I've been to so i have to agree with that one.
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Post  dawgfan Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Where is Joe's located?

dawgfan

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Location

Post  SouthernMom1 Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Unfortunatly, in Alabaster! Right at the entrance to the Weatherly subdivision off Hway 11.

I enjoy it, but was kinda turned off when I got a bread basket with a "crust only" underneath the slice I picked up to eat. Someone had picked all the soft bead off of it - WHEN IT WAS IN THEIR BREAD BASTKET - and tossed it back in with THEIR bread. Which somehow ended up in MY basket. (Can you say reused bread? Ugh!)

I told the waiter about it and he said he thought it was mine. (No!) He did not remove it an bring me a fresh basket and when it was time to go and I was taking my soup home, he added all the bread not eatten from my basket, into the bag with the soup! So - I took home someone elses crust! Double UGH! Mad

SouthernMom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flanders Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Joe's is too cramped for me to ever enjoy my meals. Though I do love the food.

I love The Depot but that's JMO
Flanders
Flanders

Back to top Go down

Post  oldHelena Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:55 am

In Helena, we eat at the Depot, San Antonio Grill and Zou's. We like all three of those. We felt the best pizza of all was Fraydo's and are sorry to hear it is closing or has closed.
If I had the same experience with the bread at Joe's, I would have been upset as well. I would hate to think they recycle uneaten bread to the next customer. I think that is something that needs addressing to the owners. As much as we enjoyed our experience when we ate there, it is a little far to drive.
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Joe's is wonderful!

Post  Almost3Eagles Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 am

We like Belly Fillers too in the Jet Pep station. Good price and great portions.
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post  ocmama Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I need to try Belly Fillers...Love The Depot and San Antonio...not a huge Chinese food person....but my husband likes it...he misses their buffet at China ??? next to San Antonio...

Interested to see what Lucia's Italian is all about though!

ocmama

Back to top Go down

Post  Flanders Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:18 pm

yeah, it's called Lucky China. I used to really enjoy that place but lately it seems like it has gone down hill. Nothing would beat their buffet on lazy Sunday afternoons.
Flanders
Flanders

Back to top Go down

Post  oldHelena Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 am

I haven't tried Belly fillers yet. Wasn't too sure about it but everything I've read says it's pretty good food.
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty HUGE SAMWHICHES

Post  Almost3Eagles Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

The meatball sub that my son purchased, AND ATE, was huge. He loved it.
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Keep in down home, cuz

Post  ceviche Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

If you want to stay in Town, 122 Tree Lane is real hard to beat. Just call to make sure they are open.
ceviche
ceviche

Back to top Go down

Post  lizzybee Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:22 pm

I don't know about "favorite," but we've only been here in Helena for not quite two months. I love The Depot (mushroom swiss burger w/ onion rings--yuuuuum Smile.

Today, I did some restaurant sampling of my own! I went to LaReunion and I ordered the Milky Way latte (chocolate & caramel). It was delicious and you could actually taste the espresso (unlike some others' dessert drinks). Today was the first time I have ever been into LaReunion & it is such a lovely, comfortable place. I can't wait to take my husband & kids for lunch.

For lunch, I went to the Belly Filler. I got the philly cheesesteak panini with the potato soup. The sandwich was great, and the soup was the best potato soup I have ever had. It should be noted that the guy that runs the Belly Filler is super-nice & seems to take great pride in his food Smile

lizzybee

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Little Italy

Post  donvon01 Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Had their calzone yesterday and it was probably one of the best I have ever had! Husband had the chicken/bacon/ranch sandwich and he said it was delicious.
donvon01
donvon01

Back to top Go down

Post  oldHelena Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 am

We went to Little Italy last week and had the lasagna and I must say I was a little disappointed in it. My wife had the chicken/bacon/ranch sandwich and said it was real good. The cheese bread was good. Is their pizza any good?
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Favorite Area Restaurants... Empty Re: Little Italy

Post  lizzybee Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 pm

We went to Little Italy today for the lunch buffet and it was fantastic!

The salad is really fresh, and they have tons of toppings for it. They also had a thin-crust veggie pizza, a "everything" pizza, a bbq/chicken pizza, and something like a sausage w/veggies pizza. Their dessert cinnamon pizza is awesome. Spaghetti was good too!

The server was very kind, and what surprised me was when we walked, they asked if there was "any certain pizza y'all like." They were going to make a special one for us! We did not ask for any, but I thought that was extra-nice of them.

Also, it was almost 2:00 when we got there (we didn't know buffet ended at 2:00, and the cook told us that if there was any left after the buffet closed down that we could take it home with us because he didn't like to throw away good food Very Happy

The food was fantastic, and the people running it were even better. We will definitely be back, with our kids in tow!

lizzybee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down