Helenarama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Cafe

4 posters

Go down

City Cafe Empty City Cafe

Post  donvon01 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 pm

WOW! Another great restaurant in Helena!!! Hubby and I have been three times in the past couple of weeks. The cream cheese bags are DELISH! The spring rolls are DELISH! Crispy Beef is DELISH (a bit on the spicy side). You can't go wrong here.
donvon01
donvon01

Back to top Go down

City Cafe Empty Re: City Cafe

Post  oldHelena Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Well now I'm going to have to try it out.
oldHelena
oldHelena

Back to top Go down

Post  beenthere Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

The first (and last) time I went to City Cafe, the service was lousy. The food was ok. Appetizer was brought same time as dinner (others in restaurant got theirs before dinner). Manager said sorry and I say - I won't be back.

beenthere

Back to top Go down

Post  donvon01 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but anytime you go to a new restaraunt in the first couple months, one can expect spotty service while the kinks are being worked out. In fact, the first time we went, we loved the meal but thought it should have a little bit more sauce (crusty chicken something...) and the owner (can't remember her name) came around and asked how everything was and when we told her that, she was very good at explaining why she didn't put more sauce on it, but that she was going to figure something out as a couple other people had mentioned it.

All three times we've eaten there, she has come by our table and has been thoroughly interested in our experience. I am positive that if you had spoken to the owner, she would have reacted much differently. I would suggest that you give them another try and ask to speak to her as soon as you sit down.

For the record, I am in no way related to or affiliated with City Cafe! I'm just excited that we have a yummy restaurant with a nice atmosphere (not cheaply done) that is reasonably priced. I want to see City Cafe stay around for a long time!
donvon01
donvon01

Back to top Go down

City Cafe Empty Good experience

Post  Almost3Eagles Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 am

Unfortunately, we have only been once and it was very good. A little difficulty with the communication between our "southern accents" and the waitress' spotty English. Overall, the food was wonderful - I had the Teriyaki Chicken, which was very good. Hubs had the meatloaf and son had your basic chicken fingers - all were very good. It wasn't a busy night, so service was good. In fact, since it's Scout Night, we may go again and see what happens!
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

City Cafe Empty Ok we went last night

Post  Almost3Eagles Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 am

Food was good and they complied with my request to let me go ahead and order hubs' dinner as he had scouts to attend at 6. I tried the "TaTa Chicken/Shrimp, which was good, but I don't think I will order it again because it is just not a style of cooking that I enjoy. Hubs and son enjoyed their meals. Service was good. Owner was very nice and her son is an Eagle Scout too! Very Happy
Almost3Eagles
Almost3Eagles

Back to top Go down

City Cafe Empty Re: City Cafe

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum